Now i havnt listend to the whole new album, so maybe it gets better. When when in 3 out of 5 songs i hear the dreaded "Pop" chord progression as the chorus, i shudder.
So here is a list. Another top 5. The top 5 bands to release a disapointing 2nd album... or 3rd or 4th or whatever.
5. Greenday. Dookie was awesome... they should have stoped there. Thats all i can
say about that one.
4. Avenged Sevenfold. What the crap is this new album? City of Evil was great. "Oh
now we are purely Avenged Sevenfold. The other albums were us finding ourselves"
(not a direct quote) but come on!
3. Journey. Every album since Steve Perry left has been utter suckage. JUST STOP!
2. The Pillows. I know i know i rant and rave about how much i love The Pillows. But
seriously, they havent released a good album since 2002, and they have released 5
since then. They have there moments, but mostly just are generic J-Pop suckage. Unless they change their sound soon they are doomed. I still love the
old albums. they ROCK!
1. Metallica. need it be said? St. Anger? What? Was? That?
Contrastingly some bands that have sucsesfuly released better and better albums include...
5. Yellowcard. Its hard to place this one. On the one hand i dont like the newer albums as much as i liked Ocean Avenue. But at the same time i do. They are just so different. Its hard to place. But they seem to get something right each time anyways.
4. Coheed and Cambria. They do sound different each time however.
3. Paramore. They are still young but of the two albums they have released, Riot! is even better than the first. If they keep it up they will be amazing. Lets hope they do!
2. Jimmy Eat World. They have a lot of albums under their belt. They keep getting
better. Though differnt each time
note that most of these bands sound different each time they release an album... just a thought.
1. AFI. They just keep rocking! They get better, and better, and better!
|Leave a Comment:|